6 Tips to Keep in Mind about Dog TrainingMarch 2, 2023
Dog Boarding: Be Sure You Have All the Necessities
Whenever it’s time for a little doggie vacation to the boarding facility, you want to make sure you and your pet are fully prepared. If you’re wondering what all to have ready for your pet, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve pulled together a list of the necessities to have with you when you board your pet.
Relatable Blog: Top 10 Considerations When Boarding Your Dog
- Emergency contacts: You should always provide a list of people to contact in case of an emergency, especially if you’ll be out of the state. Having a few people that can be reached and readily available is incredibly important during their time at the boarding facility. You should also include your pet’s vet info, just in case of an emergency.
- Identification and documentation: Most boarding kennels will require certain documentation, like vaccination records, medical background, and other such forms. As far as ID for your pet, make sure that their collar has your updated info. If your dog has a microchip, that also needs to be confirmed and updated.
- Something familiar: Your pet will miss you and their stuff while at the kennel, so bringing something they know and love will help. A blanket, some favorite toys, etc. will go a long way to making your furry friend feel comfortable in this new space.
- Extra food: Your dog is probably very used to their own food, even more so if they have a specialized diet. If you’ve ever had to suddenly change their food, then you already know that this can upset their lil tummy. You will want to make sure you pack enough of their food for their stay…plus a little extra just in case. You probably also want to bring some of their favorite treats, as well.
- Any medicines or supplements: As part of the medical info that you provide, you should also include a list of any meds and supplements that they need and bring those with you. The staff will make sure that your dog gets those doses properly administered. If they’re particular about taking their meds, such as only taking their pills with cheese or peanut butter, include that in your forms.
While there are other bonus items that your pet would probably appreciate, these are the basic necessities that will make your fur baby’s stay a pleasant one. Come visit us for boarding at Prestonwood Kennels here in Houston, where we’ll make your pet feel right at home!